Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the leader of Russia, whose political ancestors include Tsar Nicholas, Lenin and Stalin, a man whose eyes "harden into those of a killer" at the mention of Chechnya, singing I Left my Thrill on Blueberry Hill.
If you don't think this is weird, you can't be human!
Either I'm not human or I've seen too many US Presidents pulling the same publicity stunt. Thank goodness Putin didn't try to play the trumpet and has the decency to look nervous.
I found it funny. I have seen Presidents and Prime Ministers sing and play piano or saxophone before. Setting politics aside, would you have the nerve to sing karaoke in Polish in front of a large Polish audience?
Well Mr Anonymous, having sung in front of 40 people or so at a Polish wedding, I would have to say yes, I would! I found it surreal, and hilarious, and also a little disturbing. There's something about Putin, in particular, that makes this just that little bit more...weird.
Either I'm not human or I've seen too many US Presidents pulling the same publicity stunt. Thank goodness Putin didn't try to play the trumpet and has the decency to look nervous.
ReplyDeleteI found it funny. I have seen Presidents and Prime Ministers sing and play piano or saxophone before. Setting politics aside, would you have the nerve to sing karaoke in Polish in front of a large Polish audience?
ReplyDeleteWell Mr Anonymous, having sung in front of 40 people or so at a Polish wedding, I would have to say yes, I would! I found it surreal, and hilarious, and also a little disturbing. There's something about Putin, in particular, that makes this just that little bit more...weird.
ReplyDelete