Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Street Scenes in Warsaw

Two friends.
Flyers for buyers
Hala Targowa on SW Bonifacego. Every time I visit this market hall it seems to be less and less busy, which is a shame.

Elegant contemplation

I am very pleased tonight as I have been accepted for a short term research position at the British Embassy's Commercial Section. This will mean that from now until the end of March I will be splitting my time between teaching and working there. I've celebrated with some stuffed red peppers, and it's now back to work!

In addition The Good Folk at Polandian very kindly let me (dis)grace their presence this week with a blogpost, inevitably about Babcias and Tram Yetis, here. Subject to libel action, defamatory payments and vigilante attacks by the affronted, I will be writing for Polandian again, I hope.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Paddy! Commercial Section, eh! Our old pals from over the road :) No doubt catch up with you real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paddy! Congratulations!
    What a coincidence I've been offered a job today, too (as a translator)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and congratulations Mr/Mrs Anonymous, The tide is turning for us both!

    Michael, aye, small world! I hope to see you soon. It's just for March but I think it will be a good project to do.

    ReplyDelete