For the past two weeks I’ve been attempting to grow my very own facial tribute to Lech Wałęsa and as you can see from the below picture, things have been going rather jako tako.
| The future is in your hands.... |
In the spirit of crowd-sourced wisdom I now make an appeal to all readers of PzU, who I imagine to be beard lovers of sorts. Yes, it’s been embarrassing to sport this monstrosity when meeting people for the first time and in meetings and on the streets, but above all it’s been komedia.
Pierwsze musi być komedia
I potem to rodzina
I potem to dzewczyna
I potem to musi sprawdic
Twoj wąsy.
You know when I am starting to write poetry in Polish things are circling the plug hole! Nevertheless I am now being asked by my students to remove this growth and finding that young children on the metro are curling away in horror as grandmothers tut and the Police threaten to fine me for crimes against facial hair. Also, I am being de-friended on facebook at a rate of knots.
The future of this strip of fluff is in your hands dear readers. Please vote by commenting tak or nie in the comments section and whichever has the most votes by Sunday evening will decide the fate. I am removing comment moderation to facilitate the vote.
It's more like a tribute to Adam Małysz :)
ReplyDeleteSo does tak mean you will shave or does tak mean you have to keep it?
ReplyDeleteAnyway you know you want to keep it, so why not? What you should do though is go an entire month without shaving any of your facial hair whatsoever, then 'cut in' the moustache at the end if you so choose. That way you skip that awkward 'I'm trying to grow a moustache' stage that you're obviously having a little difficulty with. I vote keep the stach.
ReplyDeletePapageno - is that a good thing?!!
ReplyDeleteTak to keep it, Nie to shave it off. And I really will bend my razor to the people's will.
How about asking us readers to vote on a jollier-looking photo?
ReplyDeleteDo you suggest I am skewing the vote by looking miserable? Okey dokey...
ReplyDelete@Paddy:
ReplyDelete"Papageno - is that a good thing?!!"
Definitely, in case you didn't know who is the guy (although I think with living in Poland it's almost impossible not to know) :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Malysz
And the answer, considering this particular photo: tak.
Geez, I've just read your explanation on what's a "tak" and what's a "nie". Shave it off. I'm on NIE.
ReplyDeletePaddy - you're about two weeks late. Facial tributes to Adam Małysz are now passe :)
ReplyDeleteStory of my life!
ReplyDeleteI've decided to keep it for another week, as I am fascinated by how many greys are popping out of the wood work!
Paddy