I'd love to hear from other teachers on this subject... what materials do you use with students?
Anyway.. recently I was compiling a list of vocab from one text, and I wonder if you can guess what the subject of the text was? The correct guess wins a signed PzU Mug (in the post, eventually, if they ever get made, subject to further terms and conditions).
Realm - królestwo; domena
Repel – odepchnąć
Humane - udzki, humanitarny
Decapitation - ścięcie głowy
Innate - wrodzony.
Expose (displaye) wystawiać
Inevitable – nieuchronny
to Circumcise – obrzezywać
Tremor – drżenie
To neglect – zaniedbywać
Clue - it's medical/science related.
I have no idea....but I can use all of the words in a paragraph. That is also medical/science related.
ReplyDelete"In the realm of pediatric medicine, some people have an innate sense of what is right or wrong. The inevitable question that arises when a female gives birth to a male is: To Circumcise or not to circumcise. The thought of this procedure is enough to repel even the toughest of men into a tremor filled frenzy. While it is a very humane procedure, many men feel like the decapitation of the penis will expose too much, and therefore cause long term damage. That said, once the procedure is complete, a full healing will occur with proper post care. However, to neglect the after care could be quite damaging."
Props for creativity?
x
Pani Elisabeth,
ReplyDeleteInspired by your creative effort I have attempted the same. It's amazing how just one word (circumcise) focusses the whole of the rest of the words. Here's my contribution:
"Were man humane, it would not be beyond the realm of medicine to expose the innate injustice of the decision to circumcise, which neglects to ask the patient to make an informed choice on the positives and negatives of the procedure, something which leads to an inevitable tremor in men around the world. "
Quite an interesting exercise!
Definitely a reading about the ethics, medical merits (or demerits) or whatever of the practice of circumcision.
ReplyDeleteClose, but it was actually a text about unethical medical experiments. The circumcision was a bit of a red herring!
ReplyDelete