We part amicably and with good memories, for which I am grateful. More Fergie and Andrew than Charles and Diana.
It's sort of strange living here now as the primary reason for being here has now gone. I've had moments when I've question why I am here and what I want to achieve, but ultimately I like life here, and I like my life here. I could go back to a much better paid job in London, but I can't see myself being happy doing that.
Happiness does count, it's just harder to count than a salary.
Which means I must now do my modern day re-enactment of Minoan bull-leaping and try and find a room in Poland. I've put it off for the last few days but am having a stab today. It's amazing how lightly your feet can touch the surface of real engagement with life in a foreign country if you have someone to help (or do everything for you) and an internet connection to take you home, emotionally.
Sorry to hear of the Hostage Keeper situation, Paddy, and know of no rooms available. I'm pretty useless really but best of luck!
ReplyDeleteNo worries - these things happen, though it's not without its sadness. If you do hear of anything feel free to let me know. Paddy
ReplyDelete