Friday, 9 September 2011

Love Me Tender - Lazy Fridays

Everything is in flux now as I move from the sleepy suburbs to the inner city, close to Most Poniatowskiego. A completely different life is about to begin.

So here's tonight's lazy Friday evening post...this video makes me rather nostalgic for a city I haven't even left yet.

So many blog posts are backing up: watching the performance of the Warsaw Symphony Orchestra playing a special score for the remastered version of Mania, with Pola Negri as the lead actress, from 1918; a fondish farewell to Ursynow and pondering changing the blog title; the struggles of learning Polish without any money to pay for teaching; tales of Polish police corruption; a pondering on tender documentation; a goodbye to all that and a hello to inner city life and a fond farewell to the summer, I can only promise that good times, and good blog posts, are yet to come. And won't it be fun?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paddy,

    Apropos of being poor and learning Polish, I found a course run by Fundacja Rozwoju Oprocz Granic for only 300 zl for 3 months. I think the registration is over but as I remember you can go on a late-list and if there's space they take you. You get 3 hours a week in 2 blocks. Here is their contact info if you're interested- they're just off Nowy Swiat, so not far from your new abode (compared to Ursynow).

    Nasz adres to:
    ul. Górskiego 3/17, 00-033 Warszawa
    Pracujemy od poniedziałku do piątku w godzinach od 11:00 do 17:00.
    Telefon kontaktowy: 22 403 78 72 lub 517 459 418.
    Dokumenty niezbędne do rejestracji zgłoszenia na kurs języka polskiego:
    paszport z aktualną wizą lub karta pobytu,
    wypełnione formularz zgłoszeniowy i test z języka polskiego

    Regards,

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose. Thank you so much. That is very interesting. I can hardly believe the price but never look a gift horse in the mouth, I always say. Thanks for passing me the details.

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's for Ukrainians and refugees and must have some sort of funding. Anyway I'm a fan too of a big discount and will happily try it out! Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm definitely not Ukrainian but I could do an excellent impersonation of a refugee. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete