Friday, 7 October 2011

A Year Ago Today


I sat on a BA flight working out the five things I wanted to achieve in my time here and  (not for the first time) thanking God I wasn’t on a Ryanair flight.  Quick school report.

·         Work – to have a job that pays enough to be financial independent. Got there in the end: A.
·         Language – to speak intermediate to advanced Polish. In hindsight laughably ambitious but a work in progress: B.
·         Relationship – to ensure a healthy, stable relationship. This class was cancelled over the course of the year.
·         Culture/Society – to travel widely and learn deeply. Definitely a C – must do better.
·         Health – lose weight, eat well to think well. Lost 10 KGs but bits keep falling off the chassis: B.

An eventful year. Split up with Magpie Bizutery; saw two brothers married in two different countries; started drinking repulsive pasteurised milk.  It’s all been going on.

Here’s to the next year! 

Thanks for reading.

Paddy

No comments:

Post a Comment