Friday, 24 February 2012

The end of Welcome to Warsaw


It’s time to tape over the mouth of Welcome to Warsaw (the blog formerly known as Welcome to Ursynow) and deliver the mercy blow. I believe in judging by results, and this week after failing to want to blog, or to blog about anything interesting I can only conclude the time is now.

I believe to blog successfully you must have the time and you must above all blog regularly - anything less than once a week is not enough.

There are a lot of other things which I place higher in the rankings than a year ago, my yoga and physiotherapy, exercise and Polish learning amongst them. This year for me is all about doing more with less, so I want to under promise and not over extend in order to achieve what’s important to me. The blog sits in the category of nice and not necessary and is being cut out along with using facebook, staring out the window and watching endless Youtube videos. 

I enjoyed exploring the creative elements of being a blogger and with live blogs, podcasts, guest blogging and interviews I think I learnt a lot about writing, even if at times my sloppy editing and overblown metaphors came to the fore a little too often. ('Surely by now a self parody?' Wrote my exasperated English teacher at school and not much has since changed).

I have met some great people and learnt a lot about life too. Thanks to anyone who has read this blog over the course of the past year and 400-odd posts and been touched by something in it.

Even if it was just my over indulgement of your desires for stout ankled Babcias. 

Adieu - expect to see my lurking in comments on other blogs relating to the same subject: life in the wonderful country of Poland. 

10 comments:

  1. Paddy,
    and I thought someday you might be able to help me to organize something like... Tweed Run in Warsaw http://tweedrun.com :-( :-)

    PS. You still use your address paddyney at gmail com ?

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been fun, all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - a sad day for Poland's anglophone blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to see but it is good you recognized your key priorities and have ordered them. You are sure to be more successful in the attainment of your goals by separating the wheat from the chaff and focusing on what is most important.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe this, I don't know I my motions will ever be the same again. Good luck paddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to see you go Paddy :( Always enjoyed your blogs. Hopefully see you around in Warsaw sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And just before the Euros too...... Tough call.

    ReplyDelete