Sunday, 14 November 2010

Cheeky Chappies Eat...


Remember, if you disagree, you are fairly likely to be off your....


 Excellent news: LIDL have been trailing Greek products for the past 8 weeks but it's the UK's time now (see below). Great to see English products getting trailed so prominently in Poland. I am sure we'll be seeing a lot more of this in Poland given the huge numbers of people who've come from Poland to the UK. Even people in the UK I know with no obvious connection to Poland now drink Tyskie, Lech or Zywiec (being found in almost all the convenience shops in Poland and increasingly in Tescos, Sainsburys etc.) and Zubrowka and Wyborowa in bars and clubs. Polish sausage is superb quality and also available (although I really don't like the most common brand Sokołow) and Wedel chocolates are becoming more popular as well. I know many Polish-only shops have closed in London in the past two years (ones in London Bridge, Stockwell and now in Hammersmith come to mind) but the interchange between our nations will hopefully leave a culinary mark for years to come. As the US President in the film Independence Day says to the captured alien holding the mad professor hostage, “I know there is much we can learn from each other.”


Dinner tonight was Jamaican Jerk chicken in kidney beans with spicy rice. I got the recipes from the BBC good food website here and here and used my own Jerk seasoning from a couple of weeks back. It keeps for weeks. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment