The Mrs and I need to leave at the end of January as our landlord is moving back in. We've enjoyed living in our current location, a few minutes' walk to Metro Imielin, LIDL, REAL and KEN Centre as well as the Shell for late night snacks and lifestyle magazines but all good things must come to an end.
If anyone who reads this blog has, or knows anyone who has, a studio or 1 bed flat available from February in Warsaw then please feel free to get in touch in the comments below. Comments are unmoderated so your comment will appear instantaneously.
I really hope this doesn't spell the end of Pozdrowienia z Ursynowa (PzU). PzU sounds a bit like an agrarian political party, something I've always aspired to attain.
One final thought: Polish rental adverts are much more direct and to the point than the coded waffle that you get in English ones (which inspired my title). For a guide to the intricacies of English estate agent marketing, visit this website. Also, I am interested to see that there appears to be a significant price variation in similar sized and furnished apartments here in Warsaw. Some almost identical (looking, anyway) apartments can vary as much as 500zl, even taking council tax into account. In London prices are pretty tight and any apparently good deal should be approached with caution, beware of adverts bearing gifts.
Unfortunately, not being anywhere near Wa-wa, I don't know if anywhere available.
ReplyDeleteThe only advice I can offer is to try http://szybko.pl/ which I found useful, both when searching for a rental and later purchasing.
Apologies if this is already on your list of visited sites.
The travelling won't be so convenient - pretty much the end of the world, really, but you might look at the centre of Jelonki in the west of Warsaw if you're concerned about shopping. Tesco (24hr), Auchan and Real hypermarkets with their shopping centres (including Media Markt and multiplex Cinema); Hala Wola supermarket and shopping centre; several other smaller supermarkets, including Carrefour, Lidl and Tesco; and assorted other shops; are within walking distance. Another larger Tesco and Carrefour Hypermarket with shopping centres (another cinema, bowling and a DIY supercentre) plus one of those large wholesale centres - I assume you have your card - are a short bus journey away. The there's the flower wholesale centre (also selling retail) just down the Poznan road, but that would require two buses. Etc, etc.
ReplyDeleteWe have a 50m2 one bed flat to let on the Old Town square.... be in touch if you're interested jagusia@capital-search.co.uk
ReplyDeleteSteve,
ReplyDeleteI started to get dizzy reading that list of grocery chains! Unfortunately all decisions are not being based on a sensible cost benefit analysis but on the Mrs' requiremenets to get to work in the morning(!). Personally, I like being on the tube line as it can you flexibility about getting up and down and to the left and right of the city. However, I alsoquite like the idea of living across the river.... but that's been vetoed as well. As I understand Praga has improved but The Mrs does not concur.
Decoy..thanks, have never heard of that site so I've passed it on to The Mrs. Anonymous, I have dropped you an email with my contact details. Cheers!