Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Congratulations Ipswich

I have just watched one of the most thrilling performances by my team, Ipswich, that I have seen in years. Playing Arsenal in the Carling cup, we harrassed, outplayed and stole the ball of them repeatedly. We never gave in and every player worked their socks off. And yes, I am using the royal "We." You see, I had a stake in this affair  too: two English pounds to be exact. That has now turned into £29 thanks to a wee flutter on Betfair. This has been the best day of my life in years!

Ipswich 1 (Priskin) Arsenal 0.

3 comments:

  1. I found this funny:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/13/ipswich-town-rugby-arsenal-cesc-fabregas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sour grapes me thinks, coming from the man whose one shot anywhere near the goal had more than a passing resemblance to a conversion!! They will probably chew us up and spit us out in the second leg, but it was a great game nontheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decoy how come you don't have your own blog? Or, do you?

    ReplyDelete