Monday, 4 April 2011

Battle of Grunwald Sandpit Re-Enactment Drives Locals Mad

I've found it hard to get back into the blogging swing of things having taken such a long break. I am writing a lengthy -  and getting lengthier - blog about my time in the US but it's turning into a Joycean epic demanding all the brain cells left in the noggin.

So in order to dip my toe back into the Sisyphean gurgitations that make up the English language Polish blogosphere I will begin again with a complaint. A little while ago I blogged at my amazement at the childrens' sandpit in the courtyard of our klatki, how well maintained it was and how none of the items were stolen or the area used by children to get drunk and fight, as per the normal use of play areas in the UK.


Not any more! I would die for some comatose teenagers to occupy this space! The little devils and their confederate Parents were actively engaging in a re-enactment of Battle of Waterloo yesterday, screaming and fighting and charging around with 'nary a care for the other inhabitants. It's at least as annoying as living about the booming bass of Brixton market with none of the free raggae-dancehall education.

Rant over, blog done, Pozdrowienia z Ursynowa is back!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Have you seen Dzień Świra yet? I am having a chuckle picturing you hanging out the window like him, screaming at the workers jack-hammering the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I have no idea what it is, a tv programme?

    I am too British for that. I have fantasies about shouting out the window "Parents! Have you never had hangovers before? Leave us be!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paddy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_wacko . But either you must find a REALLY GOOD translation or watch it with somebody who'd explain things ad hoc. 99% of this film's greatness relies on the dialogues/language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonds intruiging - I am checking it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn - can't seem to find a version with English subtitles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can probably find decent English subtitles on websites such as "napisy.info" etc., if you don't mind a touch of piracy-thing.

    ReplyDelete