Wednesday, 11 May 2011
PzU Break
Yet another short break for me as I am off to the UK tomorrow - via Lodz this time - for my older brother's wedding. Although I am looking forward to meeting my family and friends again, I never realised how many times necessity would then draw me back to the land of the three lions, and I do feel it's stopped me from settling in and travelling widely and blogging and the like. Still, needs must, and blogging will resume next week. Thanks for reading Pozdrowienia z Ursynowa, your number one blog for invasive public photography and royal wedding live blogging.Service will resume shortly. In the meantime perhaps you can help me with a burning issue for me today - what is the best Polish vodka to bring back to my family as a gift? I'm thinking Cytrynowka or Soplica Wisniowka (although it's so sweet) as the clear vodkas can be offputting to non vodka drinkers. Comments are easy and there's no moderation! Enjoy.
Labels:
vodka
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
there is a new black currant one too, that goes down very well when served cold. From our friends at Janusz.com aka Lubelska. I also enjoy Imbirowka
ReplyDeleteHow about Krupnik?
ReplyDeleteIve not drank Krupnik before, not the blackcurrant one either. hmm, food for thought, or rather vodka for though. I might buy the blackcurrant one then. Got to get several bottles for different people. Pay bar at the wedding so great way to save money. Cheers chaps!
ReplyDeleteI'd say pick the cheapest shit you can get as British Isle folk won't know the fuckin difference one way or the other.
ReplyDeletePaddy, probably missed the deadline and you've already left for Old Blighty, but will I'll contribute anyway: next time get some Żołądkowa (Gorzka has this lovely amber colouring and won't put people off). It's not expensive at all and currently one of the better qualities on the Polish market. Lucy (not Jules:-))from last Saturday's blog meet.
ReplyDeleteDitto on the Gorzka Zoladkowa, I'm a fan.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy blighty - look forward to the blogs when you get back!
The one and only Żubrówka, of course.
ReplyDeleteChris - i bought two bottles of zubrowka and two bottles of wisnowka - about right, i think. We drank most of them so it must have gone well.
ReplyDeletePaddy
Good choice. Zubrowka-apple juice drink for weak ones, or straight Zubrowka with apple juice as a chaser for vodka-experienced, cheers!
ReplyDeleteHello - these comments have only just appeared. Thanks for them, though chaps and chapesses. Keep the reading and the commenting up, it's the only reason I have to live, apart from fresh white bread!
ReplyDelete