Friday, 16 September 2011
Podcast, Ho! Live from a bar on Ul. Walicow
There are some posts which become crowning glories instantly and others whose gestation lends much gravity to their precepts. Then there are late night, squiffy podcasts on PzU. I'll let you decide which of the categories the above podcast belongs to.
If I get five comments on this post, I will release the audio of me interrogating a taxi driver about which parts of Warsaw aren't safe after dark. Warning - contains very bad Polish. Let the people decide!
Yesterday I spent the evening in a recording studio recording a pre mix for my dubstep group, which I will post up on here as an example of the genre providing they complied with my request to add bass to my voice. I hate studio work, you know that every mistake you make might potentially end up online for ever. And by necessity you're compelled to hear your own voice again and again and again. But overcoming that uncomfortableness is a vital part of being more relaxed in doing the work and practice makes perfect.
Today will likely be the last day that I can post for a while: I am moving flat over the weekend and will lose internet connection for at least a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want to hear what the most dangerous parts of Warsaw are! Rose
ReplyDeleteI also want to hear it.
ReplyDeleteStarted to panic but if I am stuck on two yeses I think I am safe!
ReplyDeleteThree yeses, Paddy, three...!
ReplyDeleteAh but did I mention the inredibly restrictive time limit? No?!
ReplyDeleteOne more to go!
ReplyDeleteMy self respect is about to evaporate. It's a four minute clip and I haven't even got to the end of it without switching it off.. but caveats aside, one more to go indeed!
ReplyDeleteI'd like to hear it.
ReplyDeletePaddy, start making up a decent conspiracy theory, one from those suitable for the cover story of "Fakt" - "iPhone makes your recordings to disappear suddenly. Is it CIA?" or something :)
ReplyDeleteFakt style: "Steve!!! (or whoever is the new CEO in Apple) Give me back my recordings!"
ReplyDeletepapageno: Touché! :)
ReplyDeleteHello my posting friends. Whilst I am grateful for your comments, I have now listened to the full recording of said podcast and there is no way I will ever allow it to be released!!! Sorry to lead you up the blogging path and then back down again, but it is just too embarrassing!
ReplyDeleteWe've all learnt a lesson today and for helping me learn, I am deeply grateful.