I commissioned Tomasz Schafenaker, the celebrated Anglo-Pole, to write 400 words about the weather. His output was so poor I’ve had to delete it and go with an alternate post. Everything that you need to know about the UK and the weather has already been parodied by Iain Martin at the Wall street Journal here.
Instead today I will mostly be starting an occasional series of reviews of places, shops and curiosities having recently noticed that the daily diet of teaching anecdotes was starting to wear a bit thin. Don't protest, we both know it's true!
In this warren I have found the perfect barbers. A cut at this place, Salon Fryzjerski, located in the subway closest to the Ul. Jezoromlimskie, costs a mere 20zl which allows me to give a five zlotych tip and feel like a benevolent king. I don’t think I’ve ever given a 25% tip in my life! But at around 6 quid this is a bargain: average prices for other barbers/hairdressers seem to start at around 80zl and then go up.
Many gentlemen such as I will find that in today’s metrosexual world choosing the right style and look can be a challenge. Fortunately the hairdressers has the handy style guide "Men in Action Volume 8" - made in Italy so you can be sure of its cool factor - that takes you through all of the popular options du jour.
Despite all of these eminently sensible suggestions I decided to go with what I thought might be the safe option. A very krotku cut on the sides and short as possible on the top. My reasoning is as follows: if I have a very “Polish” haircut maybe the psycho who is destined one day to hospitalise me might instead consider me a brother in arms and we can carouse together gloved hand in gloved hand, it also helps with reducing costs because I only used a pea sized amount of szampon rather than the handful The Mrs uses (despite also having short hair) Finally given the hairdresser was intent on being able to continue to smoke whilst cutting my hair, I judged it sensible to keep it simple, stupid.
Not a bad cut at all, a cut above the rest in fact. It gets 8/10 PzU PlacePoints (TM)
Not a bad cut at all, a cut above the rest in fact. It gets 8/10 PzU PlacePoints (TM)
No comments:
Post a Comment