Thursday, 20 January 2011

A Week is a Long Time in PzU Land

So you may be forgiven for missing any one of the hot-shot articles regularly spewn forth onto this suburban literary inlet. My new regulacja will be an end of the week run down of the cream of the crop (i.e. the one blog post I put up each day).

Last Friday we got the tale of a young lad's malfunctioning with his new girlfriend and a special Bonus Maluch.

By Sunday I was bemoaning the lack of pretty buildings to tempt tourists and create a distinctive Warsaw brand.... or attempting to, anyway. 

Monday brought the realisation I could have saved 330 zl if I'd been civilly disobedient on buses, but also a moment when I realised how honest the Poles are.

Miniature chocolate eggs were the order of the day on Tuesday on a visit to the new British Fish and Chip Shop. 

By Wednesday it was back to the culture side of things with a visit to a Jewish synagogue and an encounter with an American Jew retracing his family's history in Poland.

Thursday brought the eagerly awaited review of my Christmas books. AK-47 fire has been reported in the streets of Ursynów. 

Read em- they're cheap! 

1 comment: